Wednesday 18 September 2013

Under glazing and sets....

               
It's Thursday the 19 th September 2013....

This year is flying by just like every other year does, close your eyes and before you know it what was January is now September and Christmas is just around the corner.... And with that more orders are starting to come in and that is calling for sets of things... So I have been busy this week completing orders and starting orders.... Spring with its colour and new blossoms are the inspiration for the first two sets of mugs....

                   
A pair of black and white plates, I love to paint like this. It is exactly how I Doodle in my notepads...
                
Below is a larger platter, Piet Mondrian an artist well before his time is the inspiration behind the design on this one...
                      
This black and white design is hand painted, and I really enjoyed doing this piece...
                      
More platters to decorate and a bowl and a few jugs that I decided I wanted to make... Looking forward to some more painting....
                   

Thanks for visiting... This is apart of Mud Colony Blog. Come and see what everyone has been doing this week in their studio and don't be shy join in and share what you have been doing ...

 Face Book Link...        https://www.facebook.com/anniejeanspottery

7 comments:

  1. Your painting is really beautiful. I can see why you have so many orders right now. Did you tape off the lines for the geometric pattern or is that done by sight also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I use a ruler that I rest across the platter rim and pencil the lines in just where I think it looks right and then free hand with a fine long haired brush the lines in. The black lines I do last after I have coloured the shapes.. Thank you for your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. love your b&w plate and your tulip mugs too

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I'm quite taken with the Mondrian inspired plate :) Great work!!
    Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could do designs like that. My hands are too shaky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete