Wednesday 21 August 2013

I'm EXCITED Adriana!! Te he ;) ...

It's Thursday and Mudcolony is open! what have you been up to in your studio this week?  
I have been slowly getting my routine back, my family have all gone home (sniff sniff) :( and I have been painting and throwing and finishing orders... :) my new plate project is coming along and one of my pieces the dragonfly plate I showed you just recently has been glazed and it looks lovely! So I am Excited.... 

This is the Dragonfly plate, I'm very happy with the way it turned out... 


       This is my sons new mug that he requested, the colours are lovely...


    The Red tulips and internal colour in the cups is called Romance Red
It is so vibrant I love it...

    This last tea pot with its cups and saucers is off to its new owner interstate, I hope
    They enjoy using it as much as I did making it ! :) 

Below are last blogs pieces glazed... They turned out lovely.... :)




That's it for me this week. I have beakers drying at the moment and the weather is slowing down that process so I have bought them into the warmth of the house to fasten the process and then the trimming will begin... But while I'm here I'm heading to Mudcolony to see what everyone else has been up to . Click on the link and come and visit too, and if you have a clay blog join in and share with us what you have been up to... :) Have a great week everybody and thank you for dropping by! :) 

Facebook Link :  Annie-Jeans Pottery Facebook






6 comments:

  1. That dragonfly plate is beautiful. You should be excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JB :) it's lovely seeing the hard work turn out especially after the glazing process! :)

      Delete
  2. I adore the ladybug on top of the butterfly teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been hard at work with terrific results. I'm loving the dragon plate and the tulip teapot. It's so nice to see another potter working down in the low fire range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Smartcat! The only thing is that my work is all high fire cone 9 stoneware... I'm loving the colours I'm achieving at such high temps of 1280 deg cel . I've often wondered about going to lower firing range but have just stuck with what I know, and the brand of underglazes I'm using now ate fantastic.. Thank you again :)

      Delete