Wednesday 14 March 2012

My first experience with Gold Lustre...

This is my contribution to Mud Colony - http://mudcolony.blogspot.com.au/

I would like to start by giving a special thank you to Adriana Christianson for her kind and
helpful hints in using lustre....
Another week has gone by and this week I ventured into my first firing with Gold Lustre...
I've always loved that extra bling that gold gives to a piece
so this was the week to give it a go...
Last week I posted a tea set that I had glazed in white and decorated with oxide.
Which is below...


And this is it with Gold Lustre...


I am pretty happy with how it has turned out considering it is my first ever attempt
at the process. I have to say the whole process after applying the lustre was nerve racking.
While it was firing and in the cooling stages I was questioning whether I had applied the lustre to
thick or to thin or for that matter did I go overboard and highlight to much of the design... You know the "Less is More" thing. I have a problem of not knowing when to stop. But the application was
great I must say, the only place I noticed anything was where the brush would have first
touched the piece and would have been slightly thicker and it just produced a tiny, fine craze line in that area. But was very tiny... So that would be the one thing to watch for next time...But it wasn't major...

I also added lustre to a dragonfly mug...


And on a scroll handled tea cup, hand painted
 with my interpretation
of Lotus flowers...



So this has been my week and I have thoroughly enjoyed experimenting
with Lustre, and I dare say you will most probably see more of it from me in the future...
 I love detail and the extra bling that the Lustre gives to a piece it is just beautiful...

So here is to another week of experimenting and playing with clay. Thank you for stopping
by and I hope you have enjoyed your visit...
Have a great week...Annie...




No comments:

Post a Comment